- This event has passed.
Leading for Change: Beyond Business as Usual
October 8, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
**note that this conference will be recorded and shared with ticketholders. If you want access to the recording but can’t attend live, sign up for a ticket and you’ll get a private link to watch later.**
2020 has challenged us as a society, so how does business play a role in creating the world that we want to live in? At this year’s virtual conference you will engage with leaders who have prioritized social and environmental justice alongside financial goals, and are leading the way toward a new economic system that works for everyone. Click here to view the event agenda.
We are excited to have amazing guests from all over the country joining us to discuss their experiences in making business a force for positive change including:
Panel 1 – Mission Matters
- Lorna Davis, ex CEO of Danone North America, B Lab Ambassador and Ted speaker
- Andrei Cherny, co-founder and CEO of Aspiration, a different kind of bank that sets out to build a better world
- Rahama Wright, founder and CEO of Shea Yeleen, social enterprise skin care company
- Moderated by Nydia Shipman, co-founder of the Worthy Company, a certified B Corp
Panel 2 – Protecting Purpose
- Allison Hooper, co-founder of Vermont Creamery, B Corp later sold to Land ‘o Lakes
- Carolyn Edsell-Vetter, Cooperative Fund of New England, co-op business support officer
- Camille Canon, partner at Purpose, supporting a global community of businesses on their path toward steward-ownership.
- Moderated by Onyeka Obiocha, Managing Director of the Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale University and partner at Breakfast Lunch & Dinner
Round-tables and networking
- B Corp 101 with Jen Gorin of Impact Growth Partners
- Understanding ESOPs with Richard Glassman of ESOP Plus
- Co-operative structures with Maggie Cohn of Cooperative Fund of New England
- Social Enterprise and impact networking hosted by Jessica Rich of the Walker Group
This will be interactive. Come prepared to engage and network with other business leaders and entrepreneurs, and get ready with your best questions for our guests to answer. You’re guaranteed to walk away with new ways of thinking about business and tangible ways to build resiliency and purpose in an organization.
Presenting partners include Publish Your Purpose Press, CT’s latest certified B Corp, and Impact Growth Partners, helping companies navigate B Corp certification.
We’re immensely grateful to Webster Bank, Capital for Change , Stanley Black & Decker , Berkshire Bank and the Bard MBA in Sustainability for their support of this event!
Mission Matters: Why Great Leaders Choose Purpose
Hear from leaders in successful benefit corporations, who share perspectives on how impact is essential to their business, and how they’re making sure it stays at the forefront.
Protecting Purpose Through Growth & Change
Learn how local companies are protecting their mission and impact when considering transitions and growth. We’ll discuss a few key questions that can help you start thinking about your own transitions – whether you’re growing, selling a business, looking to incorporate employee ownership, or passing it on to the next generation.
Click here to see some of the resources from last year’s Impact Investing panel.