- This event has passed.
National Covington Curriculum Conference
June 3, 2019 - June 7, 2019$450
Presented by The Connecticut Women’s Consortium
National Covington Curriculum Conference 2019
June 3rd Arrive | June 4-6, 2019 | Stamford Hilton, CT, USA | Up to 18.5 Credits
Trauma, Addiction, Mental Health & Criminal Justice Models for Women, Men and Girls
Social Workers, Counselors, Criminal Justice Professionals, Therapists & More
2 Events Free & Open to the Public!
- Film Screening Portraits of Professional Caregivers
- A Woman’s Way through the 12 Steps | Open to women in recovery | Limited free books available!
Learn about therapeutic models designed to help girls, women and men with trauma, addiction, empowerment, mental health, and anger at the national Covington Curriculum Conference. These models can be used in used in schools, treatment programs, juvenile facilities, and more and are used by counselors, therapists, social workers and those who have an interested in bringing trauma-informed groups and programming to their agency. Keynote presenter Stephanie S. Covington, PhD is an internationally recognized clinician, organizational consultant, and lecturer. She has focused on the creation of gender-responsive and trauma-informed services including designing women’s services at the Betty Ford Center, and developing programs for women in criminal justice settings. She was a featured therapist on the Oprah Winfrey Network TV show entitled “Breaking Down the Bars”. Voices: A Program of Self-Discovery and Empowerment for Girls is co-facilitated by Dr. Candice Norcott who was recently featured in the documentary “Surviving R. Kelly.” Watch her interview on Jada Pinkett Smith’s show Red Table Talk.
Hosted in 2019 by The Connecticut Women’s Consortium, this 2.5 day conference will be at the Stamford Hilton.
Premium Sponsor Hazelden Publishing! Sponsored by Clifford Beers, EMDR HAP, Liberation Programs, Perception Programs, Inc., Philosophy, InterCommunity, Wiley, CHR, and Toivo by Advocacy Unlimited.
$395 ends April 1st, 2019, 4:30 pm EST | Hotel $139 | $450 till May 28th | $365 Group Rate | 2 Free Public Events
20% Discount on Stephanie Covington Books at Hazelden Publishing when you register! Thank you to our sponsor
- Presentations with Stephanie Covington, PHD
- Moving from Trauma Informed to Trauma Responsive
- Gender Matters
- Endings…and New Beginnings
- Choose 1 of 5 Core Curricula with Workbook | Day 1 & 2
- Girls & Empowerment | Voices
Candice Norcott, PhD & Tammy Rothschild – Voices is a trauma-informed, 18 session program with topics that include developing a positive sense of self, building healthy relationships, substance abuse, wellness, sexuality and planning for a positive future. Trauma is also addressed. Voices can be used in schools, treatment facilities, and juvenile justice settings.
- Women/Girls & Trauma | Beyond Trauma
Twyla Wilson, LCSW – The newly revised 12 sessions Beyond Trauma program for women incorporates the insights of neuroscience with the latest understanding of trauma and PTSD. Each session has also been adapted for girls. The program uses cognitive-behavioral techniques (CBT), mindfulness, expressive arts and body-oriented exercises (inc. yoga). The abbreviated 6 session version, Healing Trauma, will also be discussed.
- Men & Addiction | Helping Men Recover
Rick Dauer, LADC & Rob Rodriguez, MA – The first gender-responsive and trauma-informed treatment curriculum for men! This 18 session program addresses male socialization in recovery, the relational needs of men, abuse and trauma. Implementation for corrections will also be discussed.
- Women & Addiction | Helping Women Recover
Carol Ackley, LADC – – A 17 session, evidence-based treatment model that integrates theories of addiction, women’s psychological development, and trauma. This curriculum is strengths-based and responsive to women’s gender-specific needs for healing and support. The criminal justice version will also be discussed.
- Women & Anger | Beyond Anger & Violence
Eileen Russo, MA & Gina Fedock, LMSW, PhD – A 21 session, research-based curriculum for women who are struggling with anger. Beyond Anger & Violence is the first manualized intervention for women that focuses on their own anger, as well as the anger and violence they may have experienced from others. Beyond Violence, the criminal justice version is also discussed.
- Choose 1 of 2 Brief Curricula | Day 3
- Healing Trauma for Women
- Exploring Trauma For Men
Optional Included Events
- Gendered Justice: Proving Trauma Services in the Criminal Justice System | 1.5 Credits
- A Woman’s Way Through the 12 Steps by Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation | FREE Books, First Come, First Serve | Also open Free to those in Recovery | 1.5 Credits with conference ticket only
- Book Signing with Stephanie Covington, PhD
- Healing Arts Space by Toivo, Advocacy Unlimited | Activities like yoga, meditation, aromatherapy, more to come
- Film: Portraits of Professional CAREgivers by The Connecticut Women’s Consortium | FREE & Open to the Public
- Tour of Liberation Programs Women & Men’s Programs | FREE | Hear from staff and clients first hand about the group models.